The Benefits of Epoxy Flooring in Commercial Kitchens
Commercial kitchens are busy, high-pressure environments in which every surface needs to be food safe, easy to clean, and hard wearing. In a post-COVID-19 world, operating a hygienic food preparation environment is crucial to minimize the spread of infection.
However, there is much more to a hygienic kitchen area or food processing center than wipe-clean surfaces and regular handwashing. Superior kitchen hygiene starts from the floor upward.
Sanitary, antimicrobial commercial catering flooring
Floor hygiene is more important in a catering environment than in most other facility types.
Kitchen managers who choose epoxy flooring for their food preparation area will ensure that their staff are operating in an environment that boasts sanitary flooring with antimicrobial properties that is designed to combat bacteria and prevent odor.
Many epoxy flooring manufacturers claim their surfaces have antimicrobial properties, but often can only claim this characteristic in just the top layer of flooring. Our flooring has integral antimicrobial additives that penetrate every layer, so your floor won’t just look clean but will actually be thoroughly sanitary from the top coating through to the base.
Easy, wipe-clean flooring means low maintenance for staff
At the end of a busy shift in a fast-paced commercial kitchen, your staff will thank you for providing them with a floor that is easy to clean. Unlike tiled floors that can harbor food debris and grease between the joints, epoxy flooring is seamless and designed to eliminate the issues of trapped food and hiding places for germs, which makes it a joy to clean.
Everlast® Epoxy also provides a floor care solution that is easy to apply and can be simply rinsed away with a squeegee and clean water after it’s worked its magic, leaving you with a sanitized area ready to go when the kitchen reopens. Plus—no scrubbing at the end of the shift means you’ll have a happier staff who can get the job finished quickly and enjoy more free time.
Durable high-performance floors that last… and last
Commercial kitchens never like to shut down. Kitchen managers who provide catering facilities for large organizations of busy workers know that an army marches on their stomach, so downtime in food preparation areas can negatively affect staff morale—and no business owner wants that.
If you are considering refurbishing your catering kitchen floor, know that an epoxy surface ticks all the boxes in terms of fast installation and durability. Our flooring is self-leveling, easy to install, and quick-curing, which means less downtime for your catering facilities.
Another advantage of our heavy-duty kitchen flooring is its durability. It can withstand high foot traffic and shrugs off all the liquid, grease, and oil that will inevitably get spilled onto it. Our water-resistant floor covering can even endure sub-zero temperatures, making it the perfect flooring solution for walk-in chillers and freezers too.
A durable epoxy floor for kitchens will last much longer than a traditional tiled one, and the fewer times you need to replace your floor, the better it is for your budget and the uptime of your facility.
Safety for your staff is key
Food preparation areas can be a hazardous place in which to operate. Boiling pans, heavy saucepans, skid hazards such as oils and other liquids, and a hot, fast-paced environment can all add to the risk of injury.
Smart kitchen managers can minimize the risks by installing a floor that looks after the well-being of their staff. Our flooring can be textured with a coarse nonslip additive designed to reduce accidents in the workplace. This additive provides a safe, slip-resistant environment in which to work, even in areas where fats, food, and oils may be spilled.
Keeping your staff on their feet and out of the accident book is made much easier with our safe, slip-free flooring solutions.
Get a good-looking kitchen that complements your brand
While aesthetics might not be the number one priority for a functional and long-lasting floor, it’s a bonus to have a good-looking environment in which to prepare food. With forty-two colors to choose from, there will be a color choice that matches your branding and integrates your style into the very building. It’s also possible to feature your logo on your floor for a professional finishing touch.
Our flooring doesn’t fade with repeated cleans, spills, or heavy foot traffic either, so it’ll remain good-looking for many years to come.
Kitchen floors that work as hard as you do
If you are looking to replace tired tiles that harbor dirt and rubber matting that is breeding ground for bacteria or if you want to cover up a concrete floor with a durable alternative that doesn’t crack, is slip-resistant ,and easy to install, choose Everlast Epoxy. In a world where hygiene is more important than ever, choose a flooring solution that will help you, your staff and your customers stay safe.
Get it right the first time and your hard-wearing kitchen floor will work as hard as you do.
Speak to our friendly team to discover the full range of commercial kitchen flooring options, and request your FREE samples.
- Why facility managers choose epoxy flooring for correctional facilities
- Why Epoxy Flooring is Ideal for High-Traffic Areas
- How epoxy flooring can minimize the spread of bacteria in hospitals
- Why the Automotive Industry Loves Epoxy Flooring
- The Benefits of Epoxy Flooring in Commercial Kitchens
- How To Install Decorative Natural Stone Outdoor Flooring
- The Sad Reality Of Commercial Kitchen Abuse
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | What Are the Most Durable Commercial Flooring Options?
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Why Floors Fail: An In-Depth Look Into Common Reasons Many Commercial Flooring Systems Fail After Only A Few Years
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How To Choose The Right Material For Your Commercial Shower Floors & Walls
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | How to Choose the Right Flooring for Your Healthcare Facility
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Are There Outdoor Weather Resistant Flooring Options Around That Don’t Require Constant Maintenance?
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Restore Damaged Concrete With Everlast® Natural Stone
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | When Researching The Best Waterproof Flooring Options, Make Sure You Understand These Common Vulnerabilities In Many Flooring Systems
- Everlast® Epoxy vs Neverlast Flooring | Flooring For Food Service Kitchens: How Do You Choose The Right Option?